SICHUAN ORANGE BEEF WITH SHOW PEAS
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, trimmed, cut into thirds lengthwise, and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 10 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Zest and juice the orange and combine both in a small bowl along with soy sauce, seasame oil, honey, garlic, and pepper flakes in bowl. Combine beef and 1/3 cup orange juice mixture in 12-inch nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated and beef is caramelized, about 15 minutes. Transfer beef to plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Add remaining orange juice mixture and snap peas to now-empty skillet and cook, covered, over medium heat, until snap peas are bright green, about 2 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and snap peas are tender, about 1 minute. Return beef to skillet and toss with snap peas to combine. Transfer to platter and sprinkle with scallions. Serve.
Adapted from Cook’s Country.